[Spridgets] Blackhawk Farms

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Apr 21 12:43:14 MDT 2011

Many years ago I saw some racing at Blackhawk Farm - kinda by
accident. I was in the process of adding a garage to the house, but
by that time the shingles I needed to match the house had been
discontinued. However, a yard in Madison still had some. I borrowed a
pickup and headed down. Back on the road a van pulling an open
trailer with a race car on it passed me. Further down the road they
were stopped to search for the trailer wheel that had parted company
with the trailer. I stopped and learned they were headed to BH. I
decided to go too. Found the place only to learn it was a closed
race, but they kindly let me in. Was that anyone on this list? You
don't have to admit that you didn't tighten the lug nuts. I'll
believe that a crew member let you down! This would have been in the
'70's. I have some slides of some cars from that day too.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/