[Spridgets] Soap Box: This Is Not From Nigeria!

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Wed Apr 20 13:01:19 MDT 2011

This one? ...bill in corvallis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_50
-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Deikis, John G
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:53 AM
To: spridgets at autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Soap Box: This Is Not From Nigeria!

Friends,

I am getting ready to take a "sabbatical" from the world of paid work.
As some of you know, the first project in this new phase of life is to
drive my '52  MG TD across the country on the Rallye to Reno. This will
follow U.S. Rte 50 across from Ocean City, MD to San Francisco with a
stop at the 2011 MG International meet in Reno. Arguably, this is not a
car most people would want to cross the mountains and deserts of the
west with- hence a huge amount of preparation is required.

 I wanted this adventure to mean something, so I searched for a
non-profit that could benefit from my efforts and from the support of
people I know. Being a cancer survivor myself, I know the devastating
effects on kids caused by current conventional therapies. The
organization CURE Childhood Cancer is dedicated to the development of
"targeted therapies" that focus only on cancer cells and do not harm
surrounding tissue.

 My goal is to raise both money for pediatric cancer research and also
to promote awareness. Since starting my campaign, CURE has been
designated this year's charitable beneficiary by the organizers of the
MG International. I'm thrilled with this and hope to enlist your
support.

You can follow along as I struggle with 59-year old engineering and
eventually set-off across the country by visiting my blog at
www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com <http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com> .

Cheers!

John

p.s.: If you would like to be notified as my blog is updated, just send
me an email at johnsfolly at gmail.com <mailto:johnsfolly at gmail.com>  and
I'll put you on my "list."
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive