[Spridgets] Fwd: Friends made through Sprite

Kristi & Lambert kristi74midget at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 20:36:34 MDT 2011

I was going through some old emails and ran across this.  I thought it would
be fitting to repost in honor of Frank.

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget

Begin forwarded message:

> I was just thinking about all the friends I have made thanks to these dumb
little cars over the years.
> When I was 17 back in 1972, I pulled into a 7-11 next to a yellow Sprite, I
had a green Sprite, I met Elliott, he was older than me, married with 3 kids
and a house.
> He introduced me to Frank Russo, again, even older than Elliott with a
couple of kids. Frank had a Sprite, a white 66.
> So here we are, with a 66, a 67, and a 68 Sprite all hanging out and trading
storys and parts back in 1972.
> I watched Elliott's 3 kids grow up, his youngest is now forty something, his
grand kids are getting married, and I went to his wife's funeral.
> We are still friends, he stops over every couple of weeks.
> Frank, who has a couple of Sprites and a 59 Bentley along with a 60 Princess
limo, was the limo driver for my son when he got married.
> All of the wedding party drove Sprites that day while the bride and groom
rode in a Bentley driven by my friend Frank, another Sprite owner.
> Today I am working on his Midget project, it needed some fender work and a
new paint job.
> Then came Rick Moses and the Sprite meets where I met a bunch more people
with the same love of some dumb little cars.
> Rick from PA, Alan and Joe from Rhode Island, Steve from Mass, and a few
others from Maryland, Virgina, PA, and Ohio.
> We often called each other and talked for hours in the days before the
internet and Email.
> And then came the internet where I met people from Wisconsin, Illinois,
California, Florida, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, and a few other states.
> And I am in constant touch with all of them and have traveled to many states
to visit with them as they have traveled to NJ to see me.
> So today Elliott and Frank stopped by and those 2 have not seen each other
in some time, all 3 of us a bit older then we were in 72 but all with the same
story.
> Elliott sold his Sprite to my wife's girlfriend, Frank and I still have
Sprites all these years later and Elliott is going to start looking for
another as he always said he missed that car.

> We were not college room mates, nor army buddies, we were just a couple of
people in town with dumb little cars and a life long relationship thanks to
those cars.