[Spridgets] No LBC - Road conditions

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Apr 7 18:21:48 MDT 2011

At 06:15 PM 4/7/2011, Brad Fornal wrote:
>I saw on the news this morning, that Texas is considering raising the speed

I worked with a woman at Michigan Tech who told me this story. She &
her husband bought a Porsche from someone in Southern Cal. Their son
went out to get it and took the southern route to get it back to MI.
Somewhere in TX he stopped at a truck stop and was chatted up by 2
guys in jump suits who were admiring the car. The son lamented the
fact that he had a nice car but that the speed limits held him back.
They said; "Want to get through TX fast?" Well, sure! They went and
got their car. Supposedly they were TX Rangers of the high speed
pursuit variety. Their job was to chase drug runners until others
could make the arrest. Their car was essentially a stock car with
full roll cage, bare interior and shot guns mounted to the cage. The
Rangers took off and the son followed. Along the way they picked up
another exotic car or 2 and drove high speed all the way to the
border. I never knew if this was a true story or just smoke up my
shorts. What's the chance this was true Brad?

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/