[Spridgets] 1911 lathe

Michael Graziano mgraziano at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 13:16:02 MST 2011

Wow.  That looks just like the lathe I learned on in school.  Changing out
the chuck was not a pleasant task.  Neither was cleaning out the filings.

-Mike

______

Message: 11
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 14:59:18 -0400
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] 1911 lathe
To: Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net>

Well my son and I finally picked up the 100 year old lathe.
Talk about heavy! We had to take just about each part off and both of us
had to carry each part.
The chassis which just holds it all unbolted from the legs was all we
could do with lumber, jacks, hoists, and dollies
To get it down from it's legs which each weigh over 100 lbs, and the
roll it out to the truck and now we have to lift it into the truck bed.
Well it's all in my truck now and we are both too whooped to unload it.
There are several chucks, one had to be rolled like a wheel out of the
garage, probably 200 lbs.
  It works great and I know it will last another 100 years. Made in
Cincinnati, USA by American tool.

See it here.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/spritenut/?action=view&current=lath
e2.jpg