[Spridgets] Brake pull fixed

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 17:10:08 MDT 2010

So what was the problem?
It turned out to be a very slightly weeping caliper but only on the
inside pad. Thus when the fluid burned off, the pad worked and the pull
stopped.
I switched out the caliper and took the bad one apart.
Not a seal problem but an ever so faint weep between the caliper halves.
I know the book says "never" split the calipers but if you want to
rebuild them, you gotta split them.
I did use a new caliper half seal, I always do.
I think my problem was minor pitting on the one side of the half on the
matting flat surface. I have block sanded those pits out and will try
this caliper again.
So inspect your matting surfaces of any calipers you rebuild.
If you find Spridgets that have been sitting dead in the weeds for 30+
years, those calipers may be pitted.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ