[Spridgets] Sprite-Midget Calendar 2011

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 12:59:27 MDT 2010

Fall is almost upon us here  in the United States. This means many
different things to many different people. For some it means the end
of pleasant Spridget motoring weather with the top down and the wind
in your hair. For some it means the beginning of the driving season
when you can actually sit down in your Spridget without burning the
skin off the back of your legs. For me it also means that it is time
to get busy begging for your Spridget photos so I can put together the
2011 Sprite Midget Club USA Calendar.

For those who do not know what I am going on about, I have put
together Spridget calendars the last three years in order to raise
some funds for the Spridget celebrations of the 50th anniversary of
the Sprite in 2008 (in Lake of the Ozarks, MO) and the upcoming 50th
anniversary of the Midget in 2011 (at Road America in Elkhart Lake,
WI). 100% of the proceeds goes to the fund. Heck, I buy them myself at
full price. Check out www.sprite-midgetclub.org for more information
on the event. All Sprites and Midgets from 1958 to 1979 are welcome.
The calendars are marketed through the club's Cafe Press store at
www.cafepress.com/spridget and are available in an 8.5 x 11 inch
format as well as 11 x 17 inch. No, there aren't any out there just
now as few people seem to be interested in buying a 2010 calendar in
September. If you would like to see a sample of what the pages look
like, email me a spridget.calendar at gmail.com and I will email you a
couple sample pages. The quality of the Cafe Press printing is quite
good on heavy stock.

As 2011 is the 50th Anniversary of the first "Spridget" Midget, there
will need to be at least one page dedicated to the Mark I Midgets.
I would like to get another page worth of "Ran When Parked" pictures.
There will always be room for a page of Spridget Projects.
No telling what the Frank Clarici page will be this time... perhaps
his current budget restoration?
I hope Rich Ball, et al, intend to do another NOSH*T page.
I will be twisting Bruce Hamper's arm for a Spridgets of Misery (or
however they spell the name of that state).
I already have a couple pictures for the "Spridgets Going to the Dogs" page.
How about a "Monster Midget" page of Spridgets with non-Spridget
engines? Bill Young should be in there.
That leaves four more months... Did you want to make one? Do you have
a great idea for a month? Spridgets Down Under? Yorkshire Spridgets?
Racing Spridgets? Rusting Spridgets?
Let me know!

As always, please email me any photos, preferably at the original
resolution, along with a bit of a blurb introducing yourself, your
car, circumstances, etc. All of the pictures used in the calendar are
ones that people have emailed to me; nothing is simply lifted from the
internet.
David Lieb
spridget.calendar at gmail.com