[Spridgets] OBD I........... where can I find one?

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Mon Sep 6 07:36:44 MDT 2010

I beg to differ - I currently own two pre-96 GM vehicles that have an OBD
port under the dash.  The port is actually called the ALDL - Assembly Line
Diagnostic Link.  I have used them to troubleshoot problems.   GM installed
the port on vehicles as far back as 1982.

Actron makes a code reader for '82-'93 GM and Saturn vehicles -
http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16152.  '94-'95 vehicles may
have a type of OBDII port - depends on the vehicle.  Anyways the port is
there and with a little simple Google searching a bunch of information can
be found on how to obtain and interpret the codes.

Rick