[Spridgets] Automatic transmission

Macy Larry lmacy at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 10:04:39 MDT 2010

The BMW also has the advantage of being the same swap that was done "back in the day" making it more authentic. Look around you will find lots of T series MG's with BNW engines in them.

PS
Now with old/new email addy. - I couldn't get my Philly MG Club email at work and never had time to read the list at night. So I was not participating as much as I liked and I missed it, so I moved my list over to this addy and "I'm Back!!"

Larry

On Sep 1, 2010, at 07:16 AM, Frank Clarici wrote:

> On 8/31/2010 11:25 PM, Michael Rowe wrote:
>> My mechanic/tutor has a commission to put an automatic transmission in an MG TD.  This old lady has driven the car since she was 16, and wants to continue without dealing with a clutch on the many steep hills she must navigate.  Any small RWD engine with an automatic transmission will do; she does not care.
>>
>> Any thoughts on what he might actually be able to find in reasonable condition?  Where?
>>

> I saw a MGTD with a BMW drive train.
> A 4 banger with an automatic would be sweet but the one I saw had a six cylinder BMW engine, THAT was very sweet.
>

> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
>
> You restored it better than new
> So why don't you drive it?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy at upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The bottom line: Sure, there's pain in adopting the Mac. But if I accept
that, I get to use a computer that works, and that pretty much does what I
expect and want a computer to do.
Stewart Alsop
FORTUNE.com
Monday, June 25, 2001