[Spridgets] gone

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 16:34:14 MDT 2010

About 25 years ago we planted new tomato plants in our garden.  The next day they were gone, cut off right at the top of the ground.  We bought a couple of large rat traps and set them out.  We would hear one snap but later when we went to look for it, it was a long way away, so we then tied a piece of wire to each one.  They would sometimes still get moved around until they reached the end of the wire.  That summer we got about 2 dozen of the little thiefs.  Most were caught in the traps but my dog got a few and I got a few with my airgun.