[Spridgets] Secret Number

Skip Jackson jackson.skip at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 20:32:58 MDT 2010

Linda et al, The 'secret' number is located under the wiring harness in front
of the scuttle (firewall) on the right (passenger) side.  Bend the two clips
that hold the wiring and move it aside. The number is stamped, sometimes
faintly, into the metal.
BUT, the number is not necessarily meaningful.  My AN5L-37190 has a 'secret'
number 14400.  I contacted the BMIHT about this number.  They said that
AN5-14400 was a right hand drive sold domestically.
The BMIHT says the the AN number on the left (driver) door jam is meaningless
and not recorded on AN5's.  It is on later models. The 'Body Number' is a BAE
number on the right door jam and is recorded. Mine is BEA/36780 on my BE's
birth certificate.
Skip J.