[Spridgets] Can this fuel pump be bad?

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 21:22:29 MDT 2010

List,
Back to my fuel problem. I can't believe this is still a problem. Today I
removed one of the 2 fuel filters and relocated the fuel pump to a
horizontal format, as suggested. But even though she sounds like she is
working I have zero psi, zero fuel coming from the tank (yes I added fuel).
I let her run for about 3 or 5 minuets but still no fuel and continues to
sound like she is working. To me it sounds like the pump is bad as though
she just doesn't have enough pressure built up. Last week I had her running
at 4psi for 15 minuets and then she dropped to zero and I never got it back
from zero.

I am thinking of getting a Facet/Purolator Solid State Fuel Pump- 1/8 NPT
Fitting 4-6 Max. Pressure. Is any other lister using one I had read about
these via a Sprite for sale having one. This site below is the first site I
found and at $43. it looks reasonable but I'm going to NAPA to complain
about this pump being it was purchased 13 months ago.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1739/Facet_Fuel_Pumps

Any thoughts on this Facet pump can I install it vertical or horizontal any
tips?
Linda

PS It was a crappy Sprite day I stepped on my eye glasses working on this
problem today so I'm a bit frustrated now : ( Fortunately I have a pair from
1979 I am now wearing but I look funny being they are bigger than motorcycle
goggles ; )  And youtube is not being friendly as I tried to upload the
video of this 3 times ugh.