[Spridgets] Soda blasting

Gerard Chateauvieux pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Wed Oct 20 11:46:00 MDT 2010

Does anyone have any experience with the portable soda blasters, like
the one sold by Harbor Freight?

I'm mostly interested in cleaning up hard to reach areas with light
surface rust and phosphoric acid residue. It would be nice to know how
they work on removing paint, but that's not my main concern at this
time.

I had the pickup bed to my Morris pickup sandblasted recently, but the
sudden change in weather has prevented me from getting some paint on
it. (we had 90 degree weather last week... this week, upper 50's foggy
and damp!) I treated it with phosphoric acid to prevent it from
rusting, but now I have to clean up the after  effects of that and
detail some areas I can't get at with a wire wheel.

I'd like to get an idea if investing in one of these is worthwhile.

Thanks for any feedback!

Gerard

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=&q=soda+blaster