[Spridgets] Radiator temp gauge port size?

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sat Oct 16 18:38:09 MDT 2010

  I bought a replacement radiator for a Taurus about 10 years ago.  The
drain plug that came with it didn't fit correctly.  I went back and got
a different one and it didn't fit either.  I picked up a branch from a
tree that was laying nearby, cut it off at a point that I thought was
the right diameter, and screwed it in the hole.  That gave me an
indication of the diameter and thread pitch, and I determined what plug
it took from that.  I just bought a plug at the hardware store and put
in it.  So the point is that you can figure out some material to put in
the hole that will form an impression of the threads and go from there.