[Spridgets] Street Survival class

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Mon Oct 11 12:24:28 MDT 2010

My two cents:
Our BMW CCA Chapter puts one on.  I helped out at one.  The difference
between how the students act in the morning, and during the last session of
the day is dramatically different.  They really do learn about car control &
limitations.

It is a professionally done version of what I did with my daughter when she
was learning how to drive.  As refreshers, when we lived in snow country, I
would take my wife & daughter out to a big parking lot at the first snow &
have them do circles.  I would suddenly pull the hand brake to lock the back
wheels & induce a spin.  The training they both got saved both of them from
accidents.

So,... bottom line - give your 16 y.o. the training that would only happen
at a school like that before "stuff happens."

Norm