[Spridgets] Fuel sucking vacuum problem on Pinky youtubes to follow.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:47:18 MDT 2010

List,
I am currently back to a reoccurring problem on my 1275 engine. I can start
her fine carbs are clean ( I keep them clean) she has a new good running
electric fuel pump and then after running for 5 minutes of running she has
no gas. I have 2 filters at the electric pump on ether side so i can see the
gas coming in and going out of the pump), I blew air in the fuel line from
the tank, and no blockage was found. I even blew air into the fuel tank to
be sure to clear any deposits (Frank's tip) I can get it to run via a soda
bottle filled with fuel indicating zero clog at the line. It appears that I
have some kind of suction blockage so I removed the gas cap and nothing. If
I wait a day it is fine again for another 5 to 10 minutes of running then no
gas. Any tips? BTW tank is shiny inside and clean and I have fuel.

I remember when I first posted this problem last year (yes I STILL can't
drive her off the driveway 12 months later) some have said not to have 2
filters, some have said put the filter at the tank and others have said
something else. I even recall someone saying I have a vacuum block. I am
thinking I'll just remove both filters and give her a try and get back to
the list with my results today. If it is a block via some type of sucking
vacuum how do I get rid of that? Youtubes to follow.

Thanks Linda