[Spridgets] Speedo Cable Help.

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 20:26:49 MDT 2010

On 10/6/2010 7:05 PM, Bill L wrote:
> Hello Spridgets,
>

>         How far should the Tang sit past the end of the Barrel?

So everybody has a wise ass remark but no answers.
Bill
The tang sticks out 5/8" past the barrel.
As for crimping it, wrap the cable in some cloth type electric tape,
just a single wrap or so, do not wad it up.
Cut a slit in the old cable crimp, stick it over the cloth tape (hockey
stick tape is great too.) Now take a small hose clamp from a fuel line
and clamp the original cable end to the cable.
I do this to the Datsun speedo cables to make them fit the Smiths speedos.
So far, mine has lasted 12 years, my son is on his 3rd year, and my
daughter;s has been ok for a month so far.
and I have fixed bum stock cables this way with good luck.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ