[Spridgets] Wheel boxes don't fit anymore...

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Mon Oct 4 08:07:05 MDT 2010

Reassembly of the MKII is proceeding, albeit slowly since we've had so many
wildfires around here, but I ran into a curious problem. The wheel boxes
(wiper drives) seem to be almost 3/4" short center to center in order to fit
where they came from (some 12 years ago). I'm not sure how to get them in now.
The MKII is LHD and I have the drive end on the LH side (as it should be). Do
I unscrew the Passenger side, get them both in place and then try to work the
outer wheel box onto the drive tube or what? The last thing that I want to do
is bodge the paint job, especially since the cowl is one of the best parts of
the paint.
What am I doing wrong?

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12977