[Spridgets] Question on Air Filtration To Spridgets List

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:28:37 MDT 2010

Bill,

Isn't that why K&N foam filters use oil on the filter medium?  According to
the ISO 5011 standard, K&N filters have a 96% to 99% efficiency rating when
compared to other types using standard dust size...  Also, I stand corrected
now...  K&N filters are NOT made of foam but of cotton inside a wire cage.
They should be cleaned and re-oiled regularly. The testing also shows that
while they are not quite up to the filtration standards of finer dust
particles filtered out by paper filters, they are far lest restrictive to
air flow....  This begins to look like
an "OIL" thread, doesn't it....    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim