[Spridgets] More somewhat off topic help needed

frogeye frogeye at cox.net
Mon Nov 29 13:25:08 MST 2010

I am currently working on a rotary project that will be married to a 1964
Sprite.
The 5 speed transmission is from a stock RX7 and has had the tailstock swapped
out using a Mazda B2000/2200/2600 tailstock to make the shifter closer to a
stock location rather then your elbow.
Unfortuneately, I have not located the stick shift to engage the transmission
yet.I know my stock RX7 shifter just won't cut it.
The databases show that it can be from a 1988 and upward Mazda pickup
B2000-B2600 5 speed or a Ford Ranger as well.
The dealers no longer stock either part, so I am out there looking for a stick
shift.
Any help or leads are appreciated.
Also I have donned a flame resistant suit to avoid burns based onanyone
tossing flames my way.
Thanks in advance

Alan
Feel free to email me offlist for more info and details