[Spridgets] Spark Plugz

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Sat Nov 27 14:45:35 MST 2010

Back in the early 60s, when a service station did a LOF, they used to pull the plugs and run them through a cleaner and regap them as part of the service. All the fluids were routinely topped off, and the air filter, if still useable, was cleaned with the air hose. No extra charge. They even gave green stamps.

Kate

Back in the early Seventies when I was really poor, I used to buy
reconditioned spark plugs at the local drug store. They were in a bubble
pack of eight for $6.99  I tried a set, and they worked great so I put them
in all of my cars