[Spridgets] Cement in the engine?

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:53:19 MST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2 at gmail.com>
wrote:
He then said that he pressure checked the block and the cement held
the crack.  As such he has been using the engine and it has been
working fine ..  as though there was never a crack in the first place.

I have never heard of this before.  . and I would guess that he used a
certain type of thin cement.

You guys are overthinking this. The cement is an epoxy cement... Glue
and crack filler! One of the brand names, JB Weld was developed for
General Motors many years ago. They use it to repair brand new engine
blocks!!! A buddy of mine was a GM certified master mechanic who told
me about this 25 years ago.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye