[Spridgets] help needed in Linden, NJ

Jeff Van Dyke jvandyke at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 12:11:47 MST 2010

Long story short;
Sold '63 Midget to guy in Portugal (really nice guy) shipper picked up from me (in Hudsonville, MI) on Sunday afternoon.  Took to Linden, NJ.  They realized the VIN on these is in the engine bay and somehow #$%%d up the hood release (it was working fine when it left me).
Since they couldn't open the hood, they couldn't verify the VIN and have shoved the car in a warehouse.  I have until Monday to pop the hood open.  So far I have not been able to find someone to assist.  I may have to drive there and do it myself (750 miles each way, ouch).
Was hoping to find someone willing to stop in and tickle the catch (through the grill with a long screwdriver).  I'm told this is pretty easy.
Any takers?