[Spridgets] Teflon Tape

Skip Jackson jackson.skip at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 19:32:14 MST 2010

I e-mailed the Wm H Harvey Co about their Teflon tape.  They did not know how
Ethanol would effect their yellow gas tape.  I have used it for years on the
gas
lines I install for fireplaces.  I keep the tape two threads from the end
of the
fitting so that the tape does not shave off and get into the flow.
The Teflon
will stop any rusting no matter how long left in place, and plugs
or fittings
don't have to be gorilla tight to stop leaking.
The yellow tape
(gas) is three to four times more than the white (water), $3.50
VS $1.00.
Skip J. AN5L/37190