[Spridgets] Parking lot woes...

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 16 16:16:57 MST 2010

Here, an accident in a parking lot is deemed to be a 50/50 responsibility.  I
stopped in one a few years ago to let my wife and daughter out of the car,
before I continued on to find parking.  Some bozo starts backing up towards
them as they're halfway out.  I hit the horn several times to get his
attention.  At this point, I'm thinking people, not cars.  He stops, but so
have my wife and daughter.  I tell them to get out of there ... so they close
the doors and clear the car, just as the guy decides to back up again.  I was
a tad annoyed and he seemed very hung over.  To make a long story short.  He
was deemed to be 100% in the wrong because he ran into a stationary car.  My
insurance paid and collected from his insurance.   No deductible ... no rise
in insurance.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada