[Spridgets] removal front engine mounts

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 12:57:00 MST 2010

Sounds like you have practice.  If it looks like I'm going to be getting a lot of practice, I may come up with a different plan.

I have pulled a lot of engines from American cars for overhauls and what not, but that was a long time ago.  With me being rusty, and having a much less ideal place to work, I won't tell you how long this one is taking me.

Good at it or not, there is still a lot of stuff to disconnect, fluids to drain, etc.  We used to pull an engine starting in the middle of the afternoon and have it completely disassembled by closing time.  The block, heads and sheet metal parts would go into our chemical vat for cleaning overnight.  The next morning everything would come out and be pressure washed, then it would take all day to reassemble the engine.  This included cleaning the pistons, and cleaning and grinding the valves and valve seats.  Then the morning of the third day we would put the engine back in and get it running.