[Spridgets] Fwd: Re: disconnecting front motor mounts?

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 12:40:51 MST 2010

On 11/15/2010 8:54 PM, Ron Soave wrote:
> I've done 20 or so Spridget engine pulls, which probably won't put me in the
> top 10 on this list, but both together is much, much easier.

Didn't you help with an engine R&R with a only a rope out at Road
America last year? We left the tranny in the car, pulled the engine, YOU
supplied the guy with a new clutch and we put the engine back in before
the sun went down.
I have done 50 or so and I agree, it is easier to install engine and
trans as a unit. It is also easier to remove each unit by itself.
I have done it all ways. I do NOT EVER pull a 5 speed tranny once it's
installed. I have repainted my car with everything out but the 5 speed.
I have had the engine out 3 or 4 times but never ever touch that 5 speed
once it's in place.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ