[Spridgets] removal front engine mounts

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:32:57 MST 2010

> I'm with Ron Soave, I have done about 20 sprite engine pulls, I have always
> pulled the engine and transmission together, I find it a lot easier and I can
> do it my own.

I guess that must be one of the differences between Sprites and Midgets ;-)
I have only done it on Midgets. If I don't need the trans out, why
would I want to drain the transmission, disconnect the slave cylinder,
the speedometer cable, the driveshaft, the transmission mounts, and
the shifter boot, the shifter, the carpeting, etc. simply to have to
reconnect them later on? Yes, it is a pain getting all the bolts out,
but not that bad. Yes, it can be a little fidgety getting the
transmission input shaft back through the clutch, but I have never
needed the little plastic shaft to line it up close enough. Yes, I
prefer to do it by myself as well, but I use the HF strap method for
the added flexibility. Also nice having the air-powered hydraulic
cylinder on the cherry picker...
David L