[Spridgets] what does a shortblock weigh?

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sat Nov 13 20:09:41 MST 2010

That is seriously heavy iron in one of those things!

I used to pull aluminum-cased 4-speed transmissions and set them on my
stomach.  I remember some of those old cars that had huge automatic
transmissions that I think were cast iron cased.  We had a big guy
working in our shop one time and on a dare he picked up one of them and
set it on the workbench.