[Spridgets] "50 Years of Midgets - A Spridget Event" UPDATE

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 4 05:15:47 MST 2010

Guys, guys, guys.  Everybody step back and take a breath.  NOBODY screwed us
over.  In fact, it was the opposite.  The Victorian Village called me and
told me about the NASCAR event before it was made public.  They gave us two
weeks head start on reservations before they would take any from anybody
else.  They easily could have opened them up to everybody and made a ton of
money by selling those rooms at a rate MUCH higher than we negotiated with
them.  They do not block off rooms, by the way.  They just let us at them
first and, when we are done, they give the rest to whomever wants them.  We
should easily take all of their single rooms as well as those at Siebkens
across the street.  Road America has not backed out on their deal, either.
Our problem is that NASCAR has come in and they and their fans have overrun
every other room, restaurant, facility, etc. in town and the whole
surrounding area.  The Osthoff is a stone's throw away.  Their only problem
is they are not cheap.  That is why we didn't go there to begin with.

Peter C, Dave Woerpel and I met with an event planner yesterday.  In fact,
the sponsor of the NASCAR race is one of her clients.  She knows exactly
what will be happening during our previous dates and told us in no uncertain
terms that we need to move our dates.  We can't compete with a NASCAR race
for facilities and attention from businesses.  She is a long time MG owner
and is advising us on our whole event w/o charge.

This should all be settled in about a week or so.  We will let you know just
as soon as we know.  The new dates will not conflict with school or any
large events at Road America.  The NASCAR race is the only reason we had to
do this.  We could have left things as they were, but you wouldn't have
liked the way it would have gone down.  When we are there, we won't be
competing with anybody for anything.  We won't be paying jacked up prices
for anything as happens when a big race is in town, either.  So please sit
back and relax.  This will all get taken care of ASAP.  We will be much
better off for changing our dates.

LAD