[Spridgets] Headlight Relays

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu May 27 09:02:00 MDT 2010

All the headlight circuits are out-to-ground, which means there are a lot of ground connections at relays.  Should these all be gathered up into one universal connection to the body, or kept separate so a failure does not affect the entire system?  What is a good way to make a really strong universal ground connection up front (fiberglass bonnet)?  How about mounting the relays with bolts and washers to bare metal?I would like a plug so it is easy to take the bonnet off.

Speaking of which, I have not found a source of generic multiwire plugs and sockets.

The standard headlights appear not to be fused on my diagram.  The relay diagrams show a fuse for power in to each relay - high and low beam.  There is discussion online about problems with fused headlights.  What thoughts?

My fiberglass bonnet is on and I had planned to fake lights for the time being, but my inspection has expired and the old color is really obvious, so I am off the road until I get functional lights.    Bummer.

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY