[Spridgets] Pinky Update

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Fri May 21 04:06:58 MDT 2010

Listers,
I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions regarding my little Sprite
fuel/battery/starter problem.

Update is I finally bought a much needed large battery charger from Sears
and the battery is only at 12.4 or 12.5 I don't recall. From reading the
details about batteries I should be at 12.7 volts for 100% I should have had
a slow charger on the battery all winter and this little car has not had a
lot of love in the last few years so it is time to give her much needed
parts and service and that means a new battery to start with.

I could ether go with another Interstate which I like but one of the replies
suggested the gel type as I recall something about their design being
superior. I see the gel types are about $200. and the Interstate $100. now I
don't use the car daily so maybe I should just stick with the Interstate and
put on a battery tender type of charger over winter or bring it in the
house. What are all of you doing for batteries?

Also yes it might be possible I also have a starter problem ( have a spare
good starter available thanks Frank) I will bring the battery to the
Interstate store (sometime next week as I am still working late late nights
with the kids) and have it tested with a load. If they say it is on the edge
I'll get one new battery. If I still have the same sounds like a dead
battery or near dead battery I'm removing the starter and bench testing it.

Does this sound like a plan?

BTW My students & I have been working endless nights on their underwater
robot the prom is tonight and the competition is tomorrow at 6:30 AM. The
robot is not done (I hope this changes by end of day) and I am still
hopeful. This underwater robot competition has kept me from attending
Carlisle this year which I am bummed about so I hope they at least have it
fully working and earn some points. I haven't told the kids it is
interfering with my car show. Please all have a great time I hope it is a
DRY Day and get some photos : )

Linda & Pinky ; )