[Spridgets] [Morris] [midgetsprite] MY OTHER CAR

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Wed May 5 10:52:05 MDT 2010

Vigil,

I have a tire guy I rely on regularly and also refer a lot of people
to him. My only point being he will look for stuff most shops wouldn't
bother to try to find. He has a lot of sources/suppliers too. Whenever
I have asked for these sizes, he usually strikes out. Seems with all
the craze over "supersize" wheels, smaller sizes like 13 and 14 inch,
and espacially narrow sizes are not made by many manufacturers. Most
of the molds have been bought up by Coker ($$$) and will likely be the
only source. The last time I tried to find narrow sizes for a Morris
Minor, the narrowest I could find in a 14" was 175 or 185.

I recently sold a set of period 70's vintage Vector 14x7 wheels that
came off an Olds 442. It took me a year to find a buyer because it
seems the guys today want to put 22" "wagon wheels" on them.

Let me know if you have better luck.

Gerard