[Spridgets] brake adjustment

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sat May 1 09:13:45 MDT 2010

I just installed new hoses, bleeders and flushed the fluid after replacing
rear oil seals and bearings on the bugeye.

I am adjusting the rear drum brakes.  Currently I am two clicks down from the
max adjustment.  How much force should I need to turn the drum with the
correct adjustment dialed in?  I can rotate the drum with some resistance but
with with some effort now.  I don't have the wheels on yet because I can't
adjust the brakes with them on.

I measured the linings and have mostly 3/16 remaining worn to 5/32 at one
area.  Is there a minimum amount?

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/