[Spridgets] Flying Miata's and Vettes

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 07:51:45 MST 2010

> CC: spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> > How is it that a 435hp 378 cu in LS3 in a new Vette can get 28mpg hwy,
> > yet a 300hp 2 liter EVO or 2.5 liter WRX STi can only get 23-25 hwy???
> > They're small engines, but they can't need boost to maintain hwy speeds,
can
> > they?
>
> One reason might be that people needed the Vette to make decent MPG in
> order to convince SWMBO to let them buy it,

Highly doubt it,

 therefore GM put a lot of effort into that 6th gear being very tall and the
engine management
> willing to optimize for that.

GM LOVES that they don't have to add a gas guzzler tax to it...

OTOH, NO ONE buys an STi for the
> mileage, they buy it for the crazy factor ;-) Subaru is probably proud
> of the mileage it doesn't get. Take a look at the demographics of the
> purchasers...
> David L

True, but I bet all those Gen Y and Z'ers would like it if it got better
mileage,
would save em some more money to buy more speed and bling parts with!!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!