[Spridgets] Thanks For the Help

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:43:44 MST 2010

Frank,

Thanks for the correct measurement on the rod extending from the slave cyl.
Mine was too long.  . I ground it back with a chamfer and the car is running
perfect.  All the gears are shifting right on and it is
once again a blast to drive.  It looks like this solved the problem (as I
could check when the gear box was out through the top hole that the throwout
bearing is OFF the spines when not in use).  I also run a spring out board
of the slave cyl to ensure that the throwout bearing is pulled back off the
splines at all times when not in use.

Appreciate the help!

Kirk

PS

Working all day out of my home shop restoring guitars is now harder to do,
to stay focused, as all I want to do is find excuses to drive the Sprite.
The car feels faster to me now that it is working correctly.