[Spridgets] Ford Roush P51B Engine NO LBC

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 19:01:16 MST 2010

I guess it's not a P51 if there are only 51 out there, but I've got a co
worker who has a Roush modified Mustang with Supercharger and other goodies
that get it over 500 horsepower. The thing is an absolute blast.

On a side
note, I was talking to my friend who started a Miata club in a friend's
basement years ago. Turned out the friend was Keith Tanner (Flyin' Miata guru
among others). We (Bruce Murphy for those who've met him) were talking about
the Corvette and how friggin' good these muscle cars are today. Flyin' Miata
will stuff a 430 HP motor in a Miata, but the thing ends up weighing only a
few hundred pounds more than a Vette without the proper wheelbase to handle
properly. If I had room in the garage right now and needed a "normal" car, an
American muscle car would be on my short list.

Ron

--- On Tue, 3/23/10,

<dlh2001 at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ford Roush P51B Engine   NO
LBC
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 8:01 PM
> I think
they only made 51 of those
> animals Mark.  Chances are mighty slim that
someone
> here has one of the other 50.
> But I guess it never hurts to ask.
>
> In any case I don't think you can go wrong that.  The
> downside as a daily
> driver is having to put premium in it all the time.
>
> The only other
thing I can't stand about the new Mustangs
> is that they
> don't have
independent rear suspension.  Who, in this
> day and age,
> designs a sports
car with a solid rear axle?

> For this reason I keep eyeing up used 2006
Pontiac GTO's on
> Craigslist
> but the"Premium Problem" always gets in the
way...

Subject: [Spridgets] Ford Roush P51B Engine NO LBC

> > I am looking at a
2009 Mustang that has a 510 HP Roush
> P51b engine installed by Roush.
Anybody on the list
> sometimes go to the dark side and know anything good or
bad
> about these cars.  It is the fastest car I have ever
> driven and sure
to give the local tuners a run for their
> money.  Plus it could be a fun
everyday driver.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive