[Spridgets] Wheel studs.....buy new, or remove and retain?

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:09:12 MST 2010

Ed
I have often popped out old studs for reuse by threading a common lug-nut on
the stud until the stud is about 1/8" BELOW the face of the nut and then just
hitting it with a 2 pound hammer. Usually they pop out in one or two hits and
then unthread the nut and remove the stud.
If you need some studs I have a rear axle which happens to be missing the
axles and Rich is stopping by tomorrow to pick up a green car.
BillM

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:59:29 -0700
> From: eap2140 at yahoo.com
> To: Spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Wheel studs.....buy new, or remove and retain?
>
> I have a replacement hub I need to install on the rear axle on my Midget.
When I received it, it did not have the wheel studs (unlike in the pic when I
bought it).   I hate when the item pictured is not the exact item.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/billmasq@hotmail.com