[Spridgets] Oil pan

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 18:31:27 MST 2010

Michael Rowe wrote:
> The oil pan I am working on now has a dent in the bottom corner about 1/2" x 1.5".  Should I pound it out, or is that likely to tear and require welding?

As long as it is not the dip stick depression (dent) use a wooden dowel
or the butt end of a wooden hammer and beat it back to shape.
I do it all the time. Hold the pan up to a light when finished to make
sure there are no holes in it.
Not that I have beat holes in any pans but I have straightened out
dents, cleaned them and painted them only to find pin holes in them.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ