[Spridgets] Engine Mounts

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 19:12:54 MST 2010

Mark wrote:
> I have case of while you are at it you may as well do ????  I have been
> changing my water pump and since I have the radiator out I thought I would
> change my mushy engine mounts.  Is there any reason I can't just put a jack
> under the engine,  loosen everything up and change them.  Anything worrisome
> to watch for?  Any tricks?

Mark

Put a block of plywood under the oil pan before jacking it up just so
you don't dent it.
Undo the motor mount from the engine on the steering wheel side, but
undo the mount from the chassis on the other side before jacking.
Now jack it up, undo the right side mount from the engine and change it,
then undo the steering shaft side from the bracket and change it.
Because of the Vee shcpe, this way works best.
It is really tough to get the mount off the chassis at the steering
wheel shaft.
This works for either RH or LH drive cars, leave the metal mount on the
steering wheel side bolted to the car but undo the other side from the car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ