[Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 15:43:43 MST 2010

I want a new pick up truck, no manufacturer makes a standard pick up
truck with a stick shift.
I checked them all except Nissan and THAT truck is just so butt ugly, I
wouldn't take one for free.
Toyota Ford GM or Dodge.
You can get rubber mats to cover your expensive carpets.
I want a work truck not a foo-foo truck.
I hate power windows, I want to roll my window down to one particular
spot not all the way down or flip a button 4 times to get it to a
particular spot.
And when it rains, I want to open the door and roll up the window not go
inside the house, find the keys, go back out and insert key in ignition
just to roll up a window.
This is NOT progress!
Ford offers roll up windows but the crank is behind the seat a bit
unless you are 6'6 tall and drive with the seat all the way back.
I can roll down the window if I open the door. One of Ford's "better
ideas" I guess.
Toyota sheetmetal is way to thin, I have checked out 1 year old yotas on
the job and they look like they have been rolled down a hill.
I have a Jaguar with all the foo-foo stuff, it's my wife's car but I do
have to drive it sometimes, at least it has a real gearbox and a clutch.
Even basic transportation is full of foo foo these days, my son just
bought a 2010 Jetta, I think it has more useless crap than my Jag.
Self leveling headlights? Not level headlights is a major problem?
Just think guys, in case of a nuclear problem, our Sprites and Midgets
will be the only cars that can be driven.
No electronic to crap out.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ