[Spridgets] Toyota Gas Pedal rant

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Sat Mar 13 08:55:28 MST 2010

David, while I am in complete agreement with your argument, you
really do need to have the facts on the Prius key situation to make
your points more valid.
         In fact, in the Prius 3, the "key" unlocks the doors. You
then put it in your pocket, and push the start button. As long as
that "key" is in proximity of the car, you can start it. There's no
place to insert the key in the car, except maybe the cup holder.
         It happens that if you exit the car with key in your pocket,
leaving the car running so your spouse can finish her errands while
you get your hair cut, and she happens to turn the car off, she'll
not be able to restart it, until you're done with your haircut, and
find suitable transportation to wherever her errands took her.....
ahem, this is all hypothetical, of course!

         Peter C
====
At 09:29 AM 3/13/2010, you wrote:
>Kirk, Thanks for bringing the Toyota thing up.

SNIP