[Spridgets] Toyota Gas Pedal Stuck Situation. . Question

Bob Van Kirk racerbob70 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 20:56:40 MST 2010

    Or to put it another way, "One awshit wipes out a thousand attaboys".

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:

I gave a keynote address last week to an aerospace supplier's excellence
alliance group
(http://www.rockfordil.com/news-from-the-region/latest/p/item/457). To
emphasize the point that what you do today has a profound and sometimes
indelible influence on a company, I asked everyone to clear their minds, close
their eyes and rewind to, say, October 2009. I asked the audience to shout out
one word, free-associated with the word I was going to say. I said the word
"Toyota". The crowd shouted back "quality". I asked them to fast forward to
today, and asked what word they would shout out. I got "defects, lawsuits,
crap...", etc.

It takes decades to build a reputation, and seconds to destroy it. Like it or
not, perception is reality. I also asked the open ended question as to whether
the group thought the the problem was caused by a lack of lean manufacturing,
or an excess of it. Tough answer.

Ron
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive