[Spridgets] Toyota Gas Pedal Stuck Situation. . Question

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:03:44 MST 2010

That guy who was saved by a Highway Patrol car. .  the CHP guy got in front
of his Prius.

He was asked why he didn't shift into neutral?  His answer, "I was afraid
that I would accidentally shift into reverse!"  So he burned out the brakes
keeping the car at around 80 mph.

And what is it with these people that they cannot cut the ignition?  If your
car gets stuck and you cannot pull the pedal up. .  cut the ignition and
leave it in gear.   It will come to a stop and you will not have to burn out
the brakes!

Is the ignition stuck on at the same time that the gas pedal sticks?  I
really do not think so?

Looks like they panic and lose their logical thinking processes?

Kirk
59 1275  (has a hard time cruising at 80 with the brakes off)