[Spridgets] Car stuff in general

Biff Jones biffjones at verizon.net
Sun Mar 7 20:02:11 MST 2010

Evidently bad Ford brake lines were not limited to '96 - 98 Tarus and
Sables, my '97 Bronco has had to have all it's brake lines replaced. One
morning I was backing up my car trailer to load the Sprite for a car show
and when I went to stop the pedal went to the floor. Odd I thought and I
pumped on the brake pedal and they got hard but would slowly go to the
floor. I got out and there was a big puddle of brake fluid. The main line to
the rear brakes just behind the drivers door had split completely open for a
good 3" and broke in half.  I was in a hurry so I spliced the line with some
compression fittings and some old brake line and went to the show afraid to
really use the brakes. Made it there and back but the next day I crawled
under the Bronco and found all the other lines looked the same. Clean good
looking for most of their runs but each line had a 3 -4" section that was
severely rusted and once the rust was scraped off and the brakes used they
would weep brake fluid. I ended up replacing all the lines.

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send plain text.]