[Spridgets] Clutch adjusting

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 14:32:02 MST 2010

Joe Lansing wrote:
> Does this sound right? I'm trying to set the slave adjustment on my clutch.
>
> Setup: Datsun 5 speed. Rivergate conversion with oversize slave. New 1275 build.
>
> With car fully off the ground, and the clutch rod at transmission fully engaged, the left rear wheel rotates slowly when in tranny is in neutral. Car easily slips into 1st, or 4th (the only two I tried), but the left rear wheel spins much faster when in gear.
Yoiu will get this with a limited slip differential. As per design.
One wheel goes, one sort of floats but moves some with inertia.
I adjust my Datsun slave by driving it.
As long as it goes in gear when stopped and the car doesn't creep with
the clutch depress, drive it and while in 4th or 5th at speed, mash the
clutch pedal, it should rev for a second but not slip.
If it slips, back off on the slave rod.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ