[Spridgets] HIF4's on my Datsun 210 motor with GX head

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 15:10:04 MDT 2010

If you look at my pictures, notice there is a fuel feed hose that loops
around from the front to the back carb?
I'm looking and looking and looking and not seeing it until just now, the
things have a hose that goes between the two carbs at the front, supposedly
to feed fuel from the front to the back carb.

So why does this fuel line from the pump go to both carbs I was wondering?
I look and look at the diagram in the book and it just hits me - there's a
fuel feed hose to the front carb but the back only has "breather pipe" and
"vent hose" connections on the right side - no fuel feed in over there as
the fuel feed in is on the left side of that carb!!

So - what happens when you feed fuel into the carb via the 'vent tube' or
the 'breather pipe'?
Whatever it is, I will bet it isn't good!!!

I'm off to make my stuff look more like the book - wish me luck!!

Rick (too much gas in the wrong places) Bastedo