[Spridgets] Another British engine (not)

J Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 21:18:56 MDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM, <bjshov8 at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Suitable work trucks are still available, although I don't know what you
> have to do to get one.
>
> We had some work done on our house a couple of years ago and our carpenter
> had a fairly new Ford pickup.  It was white, very plain, I don't think it
> even had carpet.
>
> I think the problem Frank is having with finding a "basic" truck is mostly
a matter of geography.  Around here if you want a basic truck you just stop
in and pick one out; in more heavily populated areas I would imagine having
to order or dealer trade/locate one is more common just because they sell
fewer of them in those regions.

Here in the corn and beans farmland of Illinois even the smallest rural Ford
and Chevy lots usually have at least a couple to choose from, in addition to
the gussied up city trucks.  I was just out by our local Ford dealer an hour
ago looking for the new Fiesta and they had four basic F-150's (white,
2-wheel drive, std cab, black grille, vinyl seats and flooring, etc) on
their front row and appeared to have more around back.