[Spridgets] Another British engine (not)

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Jun 20 19:19:34 MDT 2010

On 6/20/2010 6:26 PM, Edmund Conen wrote:
> per bjshov8...
>>> Of course we have a lot of people that drive pickups and never carry anything more than an ice chest in the back.
>
>    That would be my bro-in-law.  Bought one of those full-size Ford F150s with 4 doors and the super-short bed.

And THIS is the reason I could not buy a REAL pickup truck off the lot.
I had to order one and it just came in, I pick it up tomorrow.
But a 2 door, 4x8' bed is no longer "Standard".
A standard pickup today has 4 doors and a tiny bed, sort of like my
Jaguar, 4 doors and a trunk, but with the truck you have to pay extra
for a plastic cover so now you have a butt ugly pickup truck with a
cheap plastic cover over the cargo space.
But you also get more bells and whistles in the new foo-foo trucks than
any Cadillac, Lincoln, or Benz.
I am a carpenter by trade, I need a R E A L pickup truck 5 days a week.
But all those woosey asses ruined the pick up truck by wanting crap that
should be on fancy cars.
Oh I looked at the foo foo trucks but at 50 to 60 thousand dollars for a
truck, I just could not believe it.
But the chrome trimmed cup holders sure would have looked nice until I
bought my first coffee (on the way home from the dealer) and it spilled
on those chrome trim rings.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ