[Spridgets] Wire wheel conversion and the rear axles.

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 08:51:25 MDT 2010

When I converted my bugeye to wire wheels I air chiseled the welch plug out
from inside the wire wheel hub and pressed the axle out to match the length of
the disc wheel axle (about 3/4-5/8")  This allows the splines to fully engage
in the diff.  Haven't noticed any problems.  BTW, you need to replace the
welch plug with a new one or an appropriately sized rubber ball or you'll leak
gear oil all over your brake shoes.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo